We respect your right to privacy and keep all your health information confidential and secure. It is important that the NHS keeps accurate and up-to-date records about your health and treatment so that those treating you can give you the best possible care.
The people who care for you use your records to:
- provide a good basis for all health decisions made by you and healthcare professionals
- allow you to work with those providing care
- make sure your care is safe and effective
- work effectively with others providing you with care.
Others may also need to use records about you to:
- check the quality of care (such as a clinical audit)
- protect the health of the general public
- keep track of NHS spending
- manage the health service
- help investigate any concerns or complaints you or your family have about your healthcare
- teach healthcare professionals
- help with research.
Further information is available from:
- Our Practice Manager, Sue Brown
- Summary Care Record Information Line: 0300 1233020